Search The Good Bad & Ugly Gospel Barn

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pray The Clouds Away - Carl Howard And The Kentucky Gospel Trio

I'm So Glad I've Got A Better Place To Go
Pray The Clouds Away
Carl Howard And The Kentucky Gospel Trio
Jewel Records LPS 183

Here is a great local gospel country/bluegrass album from a group working out of the West 7th Street First Church Of God, Newport, Kentucky. The jacket notes indicate that Howard pastored at this church. From what I can tell, Howard is still active in that church.

There are strong female vocals on this record by Rosemary Howard and Bessie Combs.

The notes also indicate that Charles Watts was the newest member, playing mandolin.

Rusty York engineered the album.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. My dad Rev Carl Howard died two months after this was written. I wish he could've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. If you would please contact me on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Bessie Combs singing lead with dad on harmony on chorus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...my mom is Bessie Combs and she barely remembers doing this album. She loved traveling and singing with this group. With her dementia, she just sits and watches alot of gospel on video now. This speaks to her the most. If any of the Carl Howard family is still in the area it would be nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. combs_g@nrschools.org
    if you liked my moms singing

    ReplyDelete