Search The Good Bad & Ugly Gospel Barn

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Jesus My Reason For Living - Rev. Bobby Peoples

These Blinded Eyes
I Must Tell Jesus
Jesus My Reason For Living
Rev. Bobby Peoples
Artists Recording - Cincinnati, Ohio
700110

Piano - Bobby Peoples, Organ - Gene Smith, Guitar - Grady Burton, Drums - Denny Rice, Steel Guitar - Weldon Hargrave, Bass - Ron Von Bargon, Recording Engineer - Silas Moore

From the back cover: Oh! I almost forgot – Bobby is Blind! ...and he has at least one "pet peeve", Pity, it is unwanted and unsolicited. Take away your sight and he is just as normal as you, and he can do anything that you can do, and do most of it better.

Peoples worked out of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Also appearing on the album are the Steele Sisters of Marrow, Ohio along with the Carmichael Brothers.

4 comments:

  1. For those of you who do not know, Rev. Peoples went to Heaven this past weekend. He is seeing things he has never seen, especially the face of Jesus. Please remember his family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work at Artist Recording Studio years ago when Bobby recorded his album. Over the years I keep thinking about him and the influence he had on my life, how he touched my heart. I eventually ended up having a handicapped child and I decided to search the Internet to see if I could find Bobby. How sad to find that he has passed. What a blessing he was to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up with Rev Bobby Peoples as my adopted uncle. My dad, Ernest Haynes, was a good friend. I miss them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He came to our house once when i was a teenager. I wasn't saved then. Oh how my heart was blessed to be able to hear a couple of song's

      Delete