Search The Good Bad & Ugly Gospel Barn

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Addicts Sing - Nine Former Addicts

The Addicts March
The Addicts Sing
Nine Former Addicts
WORD, Waco, TX WST-8370-LP 1966

Classic strange music album. A great gimmick set, WORD knew exactly what they were doing when they created this package. Lurid concepts sell records. Divine intervention or not, you have to sell records to eat, sleep and buy gas to get to your next revival.

Just so you don't miss the point... so to speak... WORD adds a drawing of a needle in an arm on the back cover.

Also from the back cover: This record has about it a crudeness that cannot be described, but that you must hear.

We've Come This Far By Faith
I Asked The Lord
Medley: Noe Dios & How Great Is Our God
I Believe
Down From His Glory
The Addicts March
I'm A Soldier In The Army Of The Lord
It Is Well With My Soul
Without God I Would Be Nothing
You Are The Finger Of God
Christ Is The Answer

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the back cover, I saw the front one in regrettable music, lp cover lover or the original website of weird etc. It's nice to see this picture from a long time ago with people who, well, who dares. I'm not sure that today's people will assume this situation in the same way.

    ReplyDelete