Search The Good Bad & Ugly Gospel Barn

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Singing Siler Family Featuring Kyla On Guardian Angel

Complete Album
The Singing Siler Family
Artist Recording and Record Pressing, Inc. - Cincinnati, Ohio

Guardian Angel which was written by Kyla's father, Sam (apparently inspired by a "near tragic accident" involving Kyla). Kyla's voice sounds oddly compressed on her tracks. I did nothing to clean up or alter those tracks.

The Lawson Family and Ron Gunter also covered Guardian Angel.

5 comments:

  1. This little girl singing is my cousin and her dad was my uncle , she was such a tiny little thing that is why her voice is so compressed ... i think she was only 5 yrs old at the time she sang this song .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was the near tragic accident, do you know?

      Delete
  2. I have a recording of Kyla singing this song right after the accident that prompted Dad to write the song "Guardian Angel" . She was about 3 and her voice is so pure . She was never afraid to sing anywhere for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam was my mother's cousin. We went to visit the family when I was young and the family sang for us. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Sam's youngest daughter and we lost Kyla to cancer on 6/24/16. It was a sad day for our family. Please keep us in your prayers.

      Delete