Search The Good Bad & Ugly Gospel Barn

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Healer Of Broken Hearts - A.A. Allen

A. A. Allen's Great Eight Hits
Miracle Revival Recordings 159

I was very pleased to score this record at the thrift today. A.A. Allen died in 1956 at the age of 59. He died of liver failure due to acute alcoholism. Allen died in the middle of his last drinking binge. His successor to his evangelist organization apparently made an attempt to clean up the scene before the police arrived but failed to get rid of all the pill and liquor bottles.

Allen was one of the first evangelist to originate a national television ministry, broadcasting prophecies, unverified healings, and "claimed to communicate with the demon world" over the airwaves. There is more interesting reading on Allen's wikipedia page.

All the sensational stuff aside, this album is a fun and free spirited gospel recording.

3 comments:

  1. CAN YOU PUT THE SONGS ON YOUTUBE, I LOVE THIS SONG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to listen to this song on a 78 wind up record player. I would love to hear it again could you put it on your blog so I could listen to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comment Sarah. If I remember correctly, I didn't post a sample because many of Allen recordings are or have been reissued and are being sold online.

      Delete